Project Director - Construction
PROJECT DIRECTOR – Construction
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption WorkForce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Primary Function: Oversee all aspects and phases of a large, complex project, or multiple projects simultaneously, to ensure each project is being effectively managed to satisfy schedule, budget, quality, performance and client satisfaction requirements.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
- Manage and provide leadership for project teams consisting of project managers, superintendents, project engineers, subcontractors, and consultants as needed to successfully secure and complete a project.
- Participate in pre-construction activities to understand unique owner needs, represent the company's capabilities and help close potential deals.
- Verify financial forecasting in conjunction with company accounting system and ensure that the project strategy is clearly defined and communicated to project team and implemented during project start-up.
- Oversee the development of the initial project schedule. Monitor budget, schedule and quality throughout the life of the contract.
- Lead and ensure development of mission critical essential planning, including design support, equipment procurement, commissioning planning and execution, QA/QC planning and execution.
- Establish appropriate milestones and assign staff qualified to handle the scope and complexity of the project.
- Manage risk in accordance with company guidelines. Ensure corrective action is taken to meet successfully objectives. Provide leadership in responding creatively and effectively.
- Monitor and evaluate project manager, superintendent and other project staff performance. Encourage employee growth by mentoring and managing personal career development plans.
- Build effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and internal customers to adequately reflect our core values: agility, integrity, care, and perseverance.
- Attend owner and project meetings. Maintain continuous client contact to gauge performance perceptions and communicate relevant information to project team.
- Coordinate and lead final close-out meetings. Identify "lessons learned" and recognize and document "best practices."
- Foster an environment that promotes a cohesive and team-oriented group.
- Perform additional assignments as requested/needed.
- A 4-year engineering, business administration, or construction management degree or equivalent technical training and progressive career development in the trades
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in electrical or general construction operations
- Ability to organize people, materials and equipment and successfully plan and manage multiple activities
- Advanced knowledge of company operations and philosophy
- Extensive experience with project management systems and software and proficiency using MS Office
- Self-confidence and self-motivation
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Strong team-building skills
- Superior problem-solving skills and the ability to handle and resolve conflict effectively in a firm but fair manner
- Judgment to know when to appropriately escalate issues up the chain of command
- Commitment to quality and excellence
- Employment is contingent upon satisfying all jobsite-specific access requirements, with no outstanding restrictions from any jobsite or from working with any partnering General Contractors, Owners, Customers, etc.
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.