Production Engineering Specialist
8918 Tesoro Drive , STE# 500 San Antonio, TX 78217
Production Engineering Specialist
FirstOption Workforce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Position Description: Production Engineering Specialist position is responsible for the high volume assembly and weld of precision stamped parts.
- Provides solution and support to processes and improvements.
- Automation trouble shooting, cycle time reductions and new equipment installation.
- Process equipment evaluation, specifications, procurement and implementation.
- Oversees a variety of weld cell designs and processes including resistance, arc and laser welding.
- Coordinates and works with external contractors.
- Develop and prepare 2D-3D design sketches, detail and assembly drawings.
- Design or modify fixtures on cells, in most applications is automated and will require knowledge of robotics and pneumatic systems.
- Work with Maintenance, Tooling, and Quality departments to assure uninterrupted operations or delivery. Responsive support for analysis of non-conforming product or issues related to waste.
- Conduct other duties as required.
- Engineering Technology or Associate of Science in Engineering or any 2 year course in related fields.
- At least 3 years work experience in automotive manufacturing environment (preferred)in the field of Engineering or Maintenance (mechanical preferred)
- Strong understanding of equipment design and function.
- Proven hands-on problem solving and production line/equipment improvement.
- Experience with Auto Cad (2D-3D) (Fusion 360) software and Solidworks would be an asset.
- Work/Project Management and Presentations Skills
- Continuous Improvement tools and Skills (Lean, 5S, Poke Yoke, SPC)
- Knowledge on Moto-Man (Yaskawa), Kawasaki, Panasonic Robot is a plus.
- Knowledge on Mitsubishi PLC is a plus.
- Interpersonal Communication and People Skills in a Diverse environment
This position requires full compliance to safety, operations, and quality standards and procedures, at all times. Employees are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and to conform to increased standards as applicable to their building or location. All employees are required to perform any job, task, or duty assigned to them, whether or not it is directly related to their specific job title.
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.