Do you have a background in construction? Like to work outside in the sunshine? Looking to grow your skills and experience in operating heavy machinery? This may be the job for you! A local metal company is seeking material handlers to join their growing team. This position offers a great schedule; you’ll make it home on time for dinner every night and be off on weekends!
Not only do they offer an OUTSTANDING health benefits package, PTO, and 5 weeks’ vacation time! But you are also eligible for a hiring bonus of $500 once hired on permanently and lots of other incentives! (Just ask your recruiter for further details)
- Assists shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise in the warehouse and/or rental yard
- Helps pull orders in the yard for building equipment, bags of concrete and all types of other building materials
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat by sweeping, dusting, and mopping. Always organize warehouse and work area for orderliness
- Running and loading steel beams into the grinding machine
- Pulling and stacking the beams; you will be assisting on lifting 75 to 95 pounds (you will not be lifting more than 50lbs by yourself)
- Other construction duties as assigned
- 1-year experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Must be able lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and business leaders in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Great organizational skills, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Forklift experience and certification desired but, not required as on-site training and certification will be provided if needed
- Bilingual – Spanish (Preferred)
- Must wear steel-toed boots
- PPE is required and issued to you for safety (PPE, Boots, and Safety Glasses)
- A 2-hour safety training course will be provided to you upon hiring!
- Weather can affect your schedule!
You will be assigned to one of the following shifts:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
#firstoptionworkforcesolutions #buildingbetterlives #hiring #satxjobs #manu210 #cons210 #spanish3700 #hotjobs3700 #heltxjobs #temp2h