Manufacturing Logistics Supervisor
8918 Tesoro Drive , STE# 500 San Antonio, TX 78217
FirstOption Workforce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
This position is responsible to ensure:
- 100% shipping performance (no mixed/missed kanbans) and 100% on time delivery.
- Maintain a constant flow of materials to meet production needs and customer needs utilizing TPS/JIT
- As part of supervising the logistics staff, this position is involved in managing, training, scheduling, coaching and disciplining logistics staff.
- Supports and communicates with logistics employees regarding company wide activities as decided by upper management.
- Ensures that all time clock discrepancies are corrected before payroll is submitted.
- Customer Contact (by phone)
This position requires regular and reliable attendance to meet production needs. This position requires following all ISO 14001 and requires compliance with quality standards at all times. All employees are responsible for wearing all the required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) necessary for the tasks they are performing and/or the location of the building they are located in. All employees are required to perform any job, task, or duty assigned to them, whether or not it is directly related to their specific job title.
- 2 year college certificate or equivalent
- 5-10 years of related job experience
- Analytical skills
- Forecasting/inventory skills
- Supply chain management training
- Reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of warehouse safety
- TPS understanding/Training
- Ability to convey thoughts and processes to team members (training and day to day activities)
- Forklift/Tugger certification preferred
- Good Communication skills (verbal & written)
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.