An automotive component manufacturer on the far south side of San Antonio is seeking Maintenance Mechanics. This mechanic will install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive, productive maintenance systems, and processes to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives.
Once hired on permanently for this position, you are eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO!
- Install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Problem Solving Skills – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Must be able to learn to effectively work around and use equipment to process parts.
- Organizational Support Skills – Follows policies and procedures. Supports goals and values.
- Safety Skills – Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Associate degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance a plus; CIMS Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to lift up to 27 pounds. Push/pull up to 35 pounds.
- Physical Sight – Able to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen.
- Must be capable of wearing all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Multitasking Abilities – Able to manage multiple work projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to occasionally travel by automotive and/or plane.
Individuals may be subject to cold, hot and humid building conditions. This position requires a stringent work schedule in an extremely fast paced environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this position.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment
- Work is performed independently and/or as part of a group with minimal supervision
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be available for rotating shifts
- Must be able to walk frequently
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to work in a loud environment
Schedule/Shift: ~~ ROTATING EVERY 4 WEEKS ~~
- 6:30am - 3:15pm and 6:30pm - 3:15am with overtime
- Occasionally, one day a weekend
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO
- Far South San Antonio, 78264
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
#firstoptionworkforcesolutions #buildingbetterlives #hiring #satxjobs #maun210 #toy3700 #temp2h