Machine Maintenance Technician
San Antonio, TX 78264
MACHINE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption WorkForce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
As a machine maintenance technician, a qualified candidate must be able to work on injection molding machines as well as all the support equipment that pertains to the injection process. Must be well versed in the areas of automation. This includes servo robots and various assembly cells. A good maintenance candidate must have good electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatics.
* Troubleshooting, diagnosis and testing using actual parts and schematics for equipment. Hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical experience. Specific PLC experience is a requirement.
* Repair jigs, fixtures, custom machine components, maintenance and modification of existing equipment
* Supports production by building and repairing equipment.
* Should have operational knowledge of all manual tool room equipment. Sets-up equipment by requirements, materials, tolerances, and machine capabilities.
* Verifies quality by measuring results using precision instruments.
* Utilize computerized central stores system to keep the correct and proper parts available for machine downtime issues.
* Coordinated and planned preventative and predictive maintenance with production to minimize downtime.
* Establish and maintain relationships with qualified suppliers/vendor program.
* Identify task and prepare appropriate response or actions to successful completion. Problem-solving and resolution to meet the business efficiency plan.
* Maintains safe work environment by following standards and procedures.
* Solid experience in maintenance and associate degree preferred.
* Experience in maintenance in support of production of automotive parts.
* Able to read and accurately interpret documentation such as blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical specs.
* Good language skills – English and Strong analytical and math skills – English, Metric systems
* Experienced in welding – MIG, TIG, Oxy – Acetylene is preferred.
* Previous injection molding, robotics experience and PLC knowledge.
* Knowledge of and functional role in manufacturing with plastics at least 5years experience.
* Effective interpersonal skills, group leadership skills, and training skills.
* Self-motivated and directly able to perform essential job tasks with minimal supervision and/or outside assistance.
* Experience with injection molding equipment to assess, diagnose and repair efficiently and promptly.
* Sound experience in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
* Must be flexible for Shift Rotation and be able to work overtime
* Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record, and dependable means of transportation.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more at any given time throughout the day.
* Job requires stooping, bending, and crouching at any given time throughout the day.
* Standing for long periods of time.
* Climbing on ladders, platforms, or mezzanine at any given times throughout the day.
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.