A Texas statewide, family-run cabling and telecommunications company is looking for an experienced and motivated lead data cable tech or project manager that must have experience supervisor commercial data cabling or VOIP installation projects to join their growing team! You’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills and knowledge within a company that, combined, has more than 3 decades of experience for you to learn from!
When hired on permanently with this company, you’ll be eligible for Benefits and PTO!
- Lead must be able to run a crew of 3 - 5 cable installers and be able to read commercial blueprints to instruct crew their daily objectives.
- This technician will be expected to install video surveillance systems, audio/visual, and run and terminate data cat 5, cat 6, and fiber optic cables as required on commercial job sites
- Installs, maintains, repairs and programs complex data/voice convergence systems and components for Shore Tel and the Avaya including IP Office, Partner Edition, Server Edition and associated messaging
- Diagnoses complex system failures, identifies alternative solutions, and implements the appropriate corrective action(s)
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations by ensuring that customer requests are handled in an efficient, effective, and timely manner
- Performs site surveys of complex facilities
- Attends training and meetings as required
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must have knowledge in pathway systems, fire stop systems, various electronic components, cable tray systems and structured cabling that includes: twisted pair, coax, stranded, and solid conductor low voltage.
- Must have previous supervisor experience for commercial cable install projects
- Audio/Visual, Security data cabling installation experience
- Must have blueprint reading experience
- Must have experience with Commercial Projects, NOT only residential
- Must have experience pulling and terminating Cat 5, Cat 6, or Fiber Optic cabling
- Must pass background check and drug screen (No felonies in last 7 years)
- Monday – Friday
- Overtime and working after 5PM will be required during big projects.
- Lead must be willing to work extra hours.
- $25-$35 per hour
- Pay is negotiable depending on experience
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team that is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
#firstoptionworkforcesolutions #buildingbetterlives #hiring #satxjobs #it210 #temp2h #day3700