HR Specialist - PM
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
This individual will provide generalist support in all areas of human resources to achieve plant goals and promote a positive work environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1) Conduct new team member orientation and manage on-boarding process (E-verify, create employee files, educate benefits, and train on policy)
2) Monitor progress of new team members (Morale and Training & Development)
3) Gather data about complaints or alleged policy violations, Investigate, Interview witnesses and thoroughly document
4) Perform exit interviews
5) Complete data entry for terminations and team member changes
6) Facilitate communications with department management and team members
7) Develop HR communications
8) Be able to communicate policy developments
9) Implement morale improvement projects as assigned based on analysis
10) Analyze data and chart trends
11) Complete annual reports
12) Provide assistance to team members, team leaders and management in solving work-related problems
13) Coordinate company activities that focus on employee engagement (i.e. picnics, luncheons, family events, etc.), as required
14) Assist team members with questions concerning company benefit programs, policy, and concerns
15) Ensure compliance to State and Federal regulations related to FMLA, EEO, ADA, OSHA, etc.
16) Act as the company representative at unemployment and worker’s compensation hearings
17) Complete wage and benefit surveys
18) Maintain necessary records and reports for department management
19) Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies, procedures are in compliance
20) Providing training for group leaders and managers, as needed
21) Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards
22) Support other roles such as Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security
1) Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or four (4) years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
2) Technical Competencies a) Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures b) Proficient computer and system software skills (Excel)
3) Environment: a) Shared office environment b) Moderate noise level c) Required to wear necessary PPE
SHIFT: Mon-Fri 5:30pm - 2:25am
May include occasional Saturday shift
Position is overtime eligible (paid at 1.5x hourly rate)
FirstOption offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.