Field Supervisor / Superintendent
San Antonio, TX 78217
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption WorkForce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
The supervisor/superintendent is responsible for total planning, coordinating, executing, and supervising various installations to ensure the safety, quality of work and materials handling are upheld and that the budget and timeline is executed as planned. The supervisor/superintendent represents our company, its’ clients and consultants on all ranges of subjects related to projects and makes decisions on behalf of the company.
- Adherence to company scheduling policies and procedures. Living out defined Core Values at all times.
- Coaches, mentors, motivate and supervise team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Actively participates in the labor and activities of any number of projects at various stages of work to ensure the accurate completion of the project.
- Ensures the budget is followed in terms of purchases and wages.
- Oversees and follows up on change orders in a timely manner.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project.
- Initiates discussions on a routine basis concerning work-related issues such as team building, conflicts and work performance, with a view to seeking solutions.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformance to specifications, standards, and contract requirements.
- Manages and directs the work performed by a team of 2-10 or more installers, communicates personnel issues to the Operations Manager, and assists in the training of employees on policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains safe work environment, as well as enforces compliance with OSHA safety requirements.
- Prepare or maintain required records, such as work activity or personnel reports.
- Responsible for punch list completion
- Provide written daily QC reports that reinforce activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project’s established standard and constructively confronts non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner.
- Need 30 hour OHSA certificate
- Valid State of Texas driver’s license with clean driving record and have own transportation.
- Clean criminal background that adheres to EEOC and other government regulations as it relates to specific projects and expectations.
- Ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format.
- Available to work multiple schedules to include irregular shifts, overtime, and/or on-call shifts as required ensuring project continuity.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Computer knowledge and skill to use e-mail, database management and spreadsheet software applications and web browsers.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county, and local laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Knowledge of current OSHA, federal and state standards, safety operations and procedures, safety methods and practices.
- Organized with strong technical and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.