A Texas-based electronics company is seeking experienced manufacturing fabricators to join their team in Bastrop, TX.
The Fabricator is responsible for the preparation of custom and standard security products for final assembly; cutting, welding, sanding, painting, silk-screening and assembling various metal plates/products; and other production support related duties as required.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include but are not limited to
- Prepares and assembles custom and standard products for final assembly.
- Works from samples, drawings, blueprints, schematics and written/verbal instructions.
- Cuts, drills and punches various metal parts following written instructions or diagrams.
- Uses various shop tools: welding machine, drill press, paint sprayer, sander, table saw, metal bender/shear, grinder, chop/jig saw, and silk screen equipment to finish products.
- Cuts, drills, and taps ferrous and non-ferrous metals and plastics.
- Welds studs to product plates.
- Prepares and finishes plates by filling in holes, sanding, priming, and painting.
- Packages plates and sends to production.
- Provides general and information related to products.
- Maintains appearance standards and professional communication skills.
- Supports cross-training of staff and new hires.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate and one-year manufacturing related work experience.
- Knowledge of various metal fabrication techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of various metal finishing techniques and procedures
- Mechanical aptitude and skills using various machine shop tools.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Skill in working with various metals, plastics and paints
- Skill in performing shop mathematics
- Welding experience.
- Attentive to detail with good planning time management skills, and willing to assume a variety of production related tasks.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Physical Requirements
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull or otherwise move objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or frequently.
- Work involves frequent periods of standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching, bending at the waist.
- Indoor/ out-door work environment.
Schedule/Shift: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
Pay Rate: $14.00/HR
Location: Bastrop, TX 78602
#firstoption #nowhiring #jobopening #applytoday #texasjobs #readytowork #employment #helpwanted #manufacturingjobs #bastropjobs