A local liquor distribution center is looking to hire an experienced order selector to join their day shift crew! The ideal candidate will have extensive experience picking orders with a stand-up reach and or cherry picker forklift, but they’re willing to train the right candidate.
The company is looking for someone with good job tenure and who isn't afraid of physically strenuous work. When going permanent with the company, the employee will receive medical, dental, and vision benefits. They will also receive access to a 401k, employee assistance program, a well-being program, and paid time off (PTO).
- Safely and properly unload a trailer of product, verify the load for accuracy, and stage for put away.
- Pick and pack orders using label picking, ring scanners, voice-directed picking, or paper picket tickets.
- Meet individual productivity and accuracy standards as identified through Labor Management (LM) metrics.
- Required to safely operate material handling equipment (MHE) to include forklifts, order pickers, pallet jacks, reach trucks, slip sheet attachment, and/or clamper truck or attachment.
- Utilize Warehouse Management System (WMS) scan guns and tools for the purpose of maintaining proper inventory levels and proper location of goods in the warehouse.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counting as directed.
- Interact with associates during the hand-off from shift to shift. Frequently will have interaction with delivery personnel, and the early morning receiving crew.
- Any other tasks assigned.
- Stand-up forklift reach experience or cherry picker experience (preferred but not required as long as you are willing to train)
- Experience reading bar codes or order numbers along with experience using RF Scanner (preferred but not required as long as you are willing to train)
- Not a position for those afraid of heights
- Must have a clean criminal background check and must pass our drug screening
- Must be able to consistently lift 30-40 lbs throughout shifts. (This is not just operating a forklift)
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must have an updated resume for us to send to hiring manager
- Monday - Friday, 6AM-5PM
- Saturdays when necessary, but very rare
- Far North East, Schertz 78154
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at our Company, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
#firstoptionworkforcesolutions #buildingbetterlives #hiring #sztxjobs #hotjobs3700 #log210 #temp2h