Engineering Manager - Metal Stamping Plant Facility
8918 Tesoro Drive, STE# 500 San Antonio, TX 78217
FirstOption Workforce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Our Client is a global leader in design, development and manufacturing of safety-critical systems and components for automotive and non-automotive markets.
We are currently seeking an:
Engineering Manager for our San Antonio, Texas facility.
Summary: The Engineering Manager will coordinate activities within the Tool and Die Department to design, manufacture and improve new and existing progressive dies.
Job Requirements :
Strong background in the following competencies:
- Metal Stamping (Progressive Dies)
- New Die Construction
- Major Die Repair Solutions
- Die Design Improvement
- New Tooling Design and Construction (Strip Layout Review / Design Review / Tracking)
- Gage Design & Evaluation
- AutoCAD & Solidworks Software
- GD&T Tolerance's
- Stamping Presses / Feedlines
- Follow our priorities of Safety, Quality, and Production in that order always.
- Coordinate the quoting, design and construction of tooling for new products, modify existing tooling designs, improve production techniques.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost and timing for new tooling and alterations to existing tooling.
- Oversee the quoting, design and construction of gauges
- Forecast operating costs of department and direct preparation of budget requests
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical field discipline (Tooling).
- Master's degree in Business Administration or equivalent business experience is highly desired
- 7-10+ years of practical tooling engineering experience
We are an Affirmative Action/EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.