Collision Repair Technician
San Antonio, TX 78238
Collision Repair Technician
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption WorkForce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
Primary Responsibilities include, but MAY NOT BE limited to:
- Repair vehicles thoroughly, safely, and profitably in a manner consistent with industry guidelines/standards.
- Complete dis-assembly of vehicle in order to assist Service Advisor with preparing a 100% Repair Plan
- Ensure all needed repairs identified to eliminate supplements and minimize repair time
- Plan work procedure: follow work order for all operations listed
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window and seat operating equipment and trim to gain access to damaged area of vehicle if needed. Store parts on carts or cover to eliminate potential damage
- Mend damaged body and fenders by hammering out or filling in dents and welding broken parts; insure all gaps and fits are to industry standards
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools (e.g. welder, soldering equipment, cutting torch, blocks, hammers, wrenches, sander, spray guns, etc.)
- Fill depressions with body filler
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills; and bolts or welds replacement parts in position and reassemble after parts are painted; insure all gaps and fills are to industry standards
- File, grind, and sand repaired surfaces with 120-grit paper before turning vehicle over to the Paint Dept.
- Aim headlamps and repair or replace defective parts
- Inspect and test drive repaired vehicles to check for compliance with safety and quality standards
- Assist Service Advisors in assessing damage to vehicles prior to repair
- Comply with company safety rules, guidelines and standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned to ensure an efficient and effective repair
- Customer service heavy, cheerful attitude, experienced
- Techs must have I-car certification/training
- Must be able to use all tools required to repair car body's
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption WorkForce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.