CNC EDM Machinist Wanted - 2nd/3rd Shifts
8918 Tesoro Drive , STE# 500 San Antonio, TX 78217
CNC / EDM Machinist - Northeast San Antonio - 2nd/3rd Shifts
FirstOption Workforce Solutions
San Antonio, TX
FirstOption Workforce Solutions exists to help people build better lives and we sincerely appreciate your interest in joining our team. We provide staffing services and opportunities that make a real difference in the lives of those we serve. Our values reflect who we are as people and guide everything we do. Every member of the FirstOption Workforce Solutions Team is passionate about and committed to excellence in all we do.
Are you ready to join a team who is committed to delivering world-class services to our valued clients? Do you believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right? Would you thrive in a work environment that encourages and supports you in realizing your full potential? Are you a hard worker, dependable, punctual and someone who does whatever is needed to get the job done? FirstOption Workforce Solutions is a place where a person’s talents and hard work are valued, so if you answered YES to the questions above, we would like to talk with you.
2nd Shift - 3pm-12:30pm
3rd Shift - 9pm - 6:30am
Job Description Summary
Operates forklift as directed and without supervision while adhering to all rules and regulations mandated by safety policies and procedures. Sixty percent of the time is working on the forklift; forty percent is filling out orders for customers and checking orders coming in.
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes products, or materials or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Inventories materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed
- Performs routine maintenance to include recharging batteries; lubricating, fueling and cleaning
- Weighs materials or products and recording weight on tags, labels, or production schedules
- Make sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- Ability to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals, and maneuver steering wheel to operate equipment
- Operate 5-ton overhead crane, moving materials and staging 20 foot bundles
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- High school diploma or GED, preferred
- Must be able to pass an internal forklift and/or crane certification program
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to be a self starter and work independently
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Maintain a high level of accuracy in all aspects of work assignments
Compensation & Benefits:
FirstOption Workforce Solutions offers competitive wages and attractive benefits for our full-time regular employees. We also offer genuine respect and appreciation for our team members who demonstrate loyalty, work ethic and dependability.
FirstOption Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $21.00 /hour